Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ok, ok, you all have reason to yell at me. It has been quite the busy week which meant that unfortunately I didn't get to post.

First of all, preaching went really really well on Sunday. It was so great to have my family there and have the Allen family there to support me. All of us and the Potters all went out to lunch afterwards and it really meant a lot to me that they were all there.

This week was music camp week. My job was to do devotions every morning and then I helped out with the younger kids recorder class, older kids choir, and older kids handbells. There were so many talented kids at this camp and they were expected to do a lot. They not only had their separate classes and graded level choir, they also all participated in mass choir. Between those two choirs, they memorized and performed about six choir songs in one and sometimes two part harmony in five days. It was quite impressive. I loved getting to know the kids and also meeting some of the youth who were helping out as well. Unfortunately, I had made plans to go up to Winchester on Friday and Saturday before I realized there was a closing service for music camp on Friday night so I missed that but I heard that it was really good.

On the Winchester note, I went up to see the SSMT show Grease, and it was pretty awesome. I am in awe of the talent and dedication involved with putting on four shows in one summer and it was great to be able to witness my friends and colleagues perform a wonderful show. I was really glad to be able to hang out with my roommates and see a good friend.

On Wednesday night I had a fantastic support group meeting. We had dinner and talked about young people and the future of the church and other really deep stuff. I love my support group, they've been really important in my development here.

Today, I got to have a really cool experience by leading worship at a retirement community. All of the residents were so nice and I think they really enjoyed my message. I love getting out into the community and interacting with people.

Other than that, it's just been another week here in the good old Williamsburg. Thankfully, this week is going to be fairly quiet. I'll be doing a music session down in respite care this week, going to the beach Thursday night through Saturday, and then I'm going to be full liturgist in church on Sunday.

I promise to be better at posting at some point this week!

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Nice to hear the great experiences you are having. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete