Sunday, August 5, 2012

Well I can't believe that things are actually winding down around here. I officially have three more days in the office and then on Thursday I leave Williamsburg to go to Winchester and then the next day I'm going to Maryland to spend some time with friends and family before going back to school on the 19th to help out with freshman move in day on the 20th and help out with Welcome Week. I can't believe that it's already August, where did this summer go? It feels like I just started my internship a couple of weeks ago and yet SO many amazing things have happened.

This week has been quite busy as I had three music sessions this week, had two services today which I had to prepare for, and preparations for Helping Hands tomorrow and Tuesday. Helping Hands is a program for 4-6th graders and gives them an opportunity to learn about and do mission work. I will be taking a group of kids down to Respite Care and doing music to show them how powerful music can be and that it is a mission to care for those who are suffering from dementia. Also, just as some fun things that I did this week, Kristin and I got to go to Busch Gardens again and we also went swing dancing on Thursday night! It was Kristin's first time swing dancing and she did wonderfully :)

I had quite a wonderful weekend this weekend, filled with fun stuff and my LAST Sunday here at Williamsburg UMC. I taught Sunday School today and led two services at Williamsburg Landing, a local retirement community. I have the cutest story from after my first service. One of the ladies pulled me aside and was talking to me. At one point, she asked if I was married. I told her no. She then told me with a big smile on her face, "Someone is going to catch you one day." And as I was about to leave, she also told me, "I hope you find the love of your life just like I found mine." Isn't that the sweetest thing ever!? I felt so blessed by that woman telling that and kind of gave me hope, haha.

Anyway, I'm probably going to post at least one more time with a sum-up of the summer and any last stories I want to share. This summer has gone by so quickly and it's been so wonderful. I think I am ready to spend some time with my family and friends before school starts, though. I'll thank you all now for being such faithful readers and thank you for going on this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment